Education is the basis of the upbringing of any person. A lecturer of higher education has always been a mentor, and today the upbringing is a process of cooperation and joint work of a lecturer and a student, an intern or a post-graduate student. That is why a scientific-pedagogical worker should not only teach his subject, but also be a lecturer who can personally communicate with different categories of listeners by means of discipline.
The scientific and pedagogical staff of the Department of Pedagogy, Psychology, Medical and Pharmaceutical Law during the courses of thematic improvement and educational disciplines constantly promote the development of a high level of pedagogical, psychological, and legal culture of different categories of students, where the pedagogical culture serves as a definite cut of a holistic system of cultural knowledge, values and the activities of a professional doctor (pharmacist), a psychological culture is a system characteristic of a person that allows it to self-identify and self-realise in life, as well as promotes successful social adaptation and self-development, and legal culture is a degree of legal development, valuable information and legal education of a specialist, which enables it to adequately navigate in different legal situations, to adhere to lawful conduct in professional activity.
The department conducts a project to develop a competent model of a doctor. The model assumes the formation of social and humanitarian competencies:
- Self-determination of goals and objectives of personal activity.
- Organization of personal activity as a component of collective activity.
- Realization of personal activity.
- Self-regulation and healthy lifestyle.
- Choosing a business communication strategy.
- Estimation of historical events of the past and modern historical processes.
- The acquisition of political and economic consciousness, political culture, as well as political activity, creative initiative in solving contemporary problems.
- Gaining patriotism, life and public position, conscious attitude to civic duties.
- Implementation of knowledge, learning new knowledge, self-improvement.
- Formation of a stable outlook, correct perception of modern problems of development of society, human being, spiritual culture.
- Implementation of effective professional and business communication interaction, including means of modern information technologies.
- Acquisition of legal education.
- Formation of high bioethical and deontological perception of phenomena and events in professional activity.
- Provision of the necessary level of individual security (own and persons cared for) in case of the occurrence of typical hazardous situations in the individual field of activity.
- Carrying out social responsibility for the activities of the organization.
- Acquisition of system thinking, complex analysis of the problem, definition of global trends.
The general algorithm of creation of the competent model of the doctor trained on the postgraduate phase is constructed. The algorithm takes several steps into account. At the preparatory stage, experts are identified and information sources are identified with which they should work. When selecting experts, the needs of employers (the main consumers of the work of the doctor) are taken into account.
At the second stage, the matrix of harmonization of the list of competencies, functions and tasks is constructed. The experts make a choice and analysis of the components that, with the greatest degree of adequacy, can reflect the maintenance of the physician's activity, especially its behavior in a dynamic external environment. The matching matrix makes it possible to see which one or another competence is most clearly manifested in solving any problems. And vice versa - which competencies are important for solving certain tasks.
The third step is to test the competence model in terms of its universality.
Consequently, each scientific and pedagogical worker of the department is a key figure in the development of the personality of the student, intern or post-graduate student in the course of his professional training. The lecturer not only teaches, but directs teaching, not only educates, but also supervises the upbringing.