The Department of Industrial Clinical Pharmacy and Clinical Pharmacology was founded in May 1997 upon the motion of the State Committee for Medical and Microbiological Industry and in agreement with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
for the first time in the system of postgraduate education ofthe Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
The organizer of the department and its head for many years has been Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Full Professor, Chairman of the Board of “Pharmaceutical company “Darnytsa”” Volodymyr Antonovych Zahorii.
At various times such people as Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Full Professor Pidpruzhnykov Yu. V., Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Full Professor Strashnyi V. O., Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Full Professor Borzunov Ye. Ye., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor Kyrychenko L. O., Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Associate Professor Peshekhonova L. L., Candidate of Chemical Sciences, Associate Professor Baula O.P. (now Adviser to the Minister of Health of Ukraine worked at the department.
According to the NMAPE Order from 28/05/2008 number 1532 the Department of Industrial Pharmacy was reorganized and it was renamed the Department of Industrial, Clinical Pharmacy and Clinical Pharmacology.
The stuff members occupy an active position in forming the strategy of advanced training for industrial pharmacists, in training clinical pharmacy interns and pharmacy interns in General Pharmacy (a course of clinical pharmacy), internship doctors, resident physicians and doctors specialized in clinical pharmacology, pharmacosurveillance and phytotherapy, in developing the skills of the teachers of clinical pharmacology and clinical pharmacy of the higher educational institutions of Ukraine.